The January Essentials by Ellen January release featuring stamps by Brandi Kincaid has been out since Friday and I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing what the Ellen Hutson team has crafted with these new sets! Today I’m sharing a card using the It’s a Date stamp set and matching dies. Today’s shaker card is inspired by one I saw by Kristina Werner. I’m awful at shaker cards. Interactive cards in general are just not my deal. *laugh* I decided to challenge myself to make one for this release.
I started this card by cutting the base from my Hero Arts Infinity Nesting Circles. I started by cutting the following circles:
(2) 4” circles from Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock
(1) 4” circle from clear plastic
(1) 4” circle frame using the 4” circle die & a 3-1/4” circle die from Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock
Next I stamped my images, colored them with Copic markers and cut them with the matching dies. I taped some clear nylon thread to the back of a few of the images.
I used my blending brush and colored one of the 4” circles I cut from cardstock with some Catherine Pooler ink in It’s a Girl. I took some foam tape, cut it into 1/4” strips and removed the backing. Removing the backing makes it easier for it to conform to the circle. I adhered a single strip of the foam to the colored background. Then I took the die cut pieces with clear nylon thread and attached the nylon thread ends to the foam tape. I sandwiched it between another 1/4” piece of foam tape.
I added a few die cut images and some crystal clear heart embellishments in the card base. I stamped a sentiment on the clear plastic circle and embossed it with white embossing powder. The sentiment I used has some really small font, so I used the Ranger Super Fine embossing powder. It works really great on detailed images.
I used some anti-static powder on the clear plastic and then attached it to the card circle frame I made earlier. When the glue used to attach the clear plastic was dry, I adhered it to the card base making sure to match up the edges of the circles carefully. I scored the remaining cardstock circle about an 1-1/2” from the edge and attached it to the card base to create the “card”. I’m pretty please with how it turned out!
Below are the Copic Markers I used on the die cut images. Thanks for stopping by today!